Five girlfriends, one great addiction. We were brought together in blogland by papercrafts and our love of Magnolia stamps. Join us for a daily dose of Magnolia Inspiration here at Steel Magnolias where our friendship is as strong as steel!

Magnolia "quote of the day"

"Do it Nice or do it Twice !!."
-Clairee xx ;)

Sunday 14 November 2010

Shabby Chic Tilda

Hi Magnolia lovers !!! hope you're having a fab weekend where ever you are, here in Gosport on the south coast of England it's dull and raining today, a good day to stay home and craft.
For the last week or more I've not been crafting much just sitting at my desk, I've had a bit of a mental craft block, lost my Mojo as they say but after chatting with Lori & Bert (AKA M'Lynn and Truvy) last night in Canada via a skype video link up and seeing the challenge theme @ MDU my mojo suddenly came flooding back and I found myself crafting into the night until gone 2am this morning and this was the result of my midnight mojo !! lol
So over at the Magnolia down under challenge this week the theme is Shabby Chic
I used some lovely polka dot papers from Anna Griffin and coloured Tilda with copics, Garry Bless him die cut me some chipboard hearts at midnight so I could paint them with some Tim Holtz Crackle paint. When they were dry I used some Tim Holtz Tea dye distress ink to shabby them up !! he he
I also distressed the edges of the papers and added some TH old paper ink.
The flowers are from WOC and the white glittered leaves I cut with an MS punch
I added some cream crochet lace which was a gift from me fellow Steel Magnolia Trisha from Canada and some beautiful pearls a gift from my DT member Evgenia from Russia Thanks girls.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, keep warm xx
Please scroll up and down to see more creations from us Steel Magnolia's
Hugs
AKA Clairee
My personal blog is Here
Please check out my on-line Craft shop Die cut Dreams

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Susie! Love the pinks, the papers are so nicely distressed and love the sentiment-love it! xoxo Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow mojolicious this is stunning and so shabby chic, I love how you used the lace and well she's always stunning pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Susie I adore Shabby Chic I so love the design and Tilda looks gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's that signature Tilda in Pink! love the shabby chic vintage feel. Great hearts & pearls. LOVE THOSE PEARLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - 2am? wow. I love it when that crafty mood strikes and you can sit there and let it flow. Such a gorgeous creation too. I love the hearts :) And the lace is a perfect touch.
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shabby card and such beautiful colour scheme! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete