Five girlfriends, one great addiction. We were brought together in blogland by papercrafts and our love of Magnolia stamps. Join us for a daily dose of Magnolia Inspiration here at Steel Magnolias where our friendship is as strong as steel!

Magnolia "quote of the day"

"Do it Nice or do it Twice !!."
-Clairee xx ;)

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Yet another Shabby Chic.....

Just when you thought we were done over here at the Steel Magnolia's blog, along comes ol' Wheeza!!
So there I was happily fullfilling my DT committments, making sure everything is completed before I go out of town for 4 days, when I see all the 'friendly competition' going down here between the Steel Mags!!
I thought I could ignore it, I thought I could handle it.....
......BUT I COULDN'T.....
And now you are all gonna get it!!
I'm gonna kick all your butts!! LOL

I have created this little set for a few different challenges, some are listed here and some are listed at my other blog HERE, but this is where all the explainin' goes down!!

I have created a little drawer box & altered memo pad for the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog hop called "Home Sweet Home", all the while keeping with the shabby chic theme at Magnolia Down Under!
The tutorial for the drawer box I found at SCS.
I figured this would be a nice housewarming gift to set on the stand where one's phone would sit.
Write a message on the memo pad & slip it into the drawer.




How does one make sure they get the messages then?
Well the next two pictures show 2 little ticket tags by Whimsy that I printed off, attached to cardstock & then attached to magnets.
The first picture says "Pour Vous" (for you), so when the message is in the box, this tag sits on the magnet on top, then when the message is taken out, this tag is replaced by the tag in the next picture that says "Merci beaucoup" (thank-you). There is also a magnet on the side of the box to hold the appropriate ticket when it is not in use. Make sense?






I used various sizes of my scallop die cut for the shapes on both the drawer box & the memo pad. I sanded the scallop directly behind Tilda for a more shabby appearance. Oh, BTW the blue & brown paper is called Cafe Chic!!
The lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbons as is the brown scallop trim (I think that's what it's called) I used for the bow!
I made the word "Messages" on my computer & framed it with SU Hodge Podge Hardware.

I am also entering this set into the challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenge of housewarming!  


AND


 The Stamping Vacation Challenge of Inspiration Tag:
from Denise's card at the SV blog I have chosen to take the elements of lace, distressed edges, border punch & pearls.
TAG YOUR IT!!
Wanna play for a chance at a $25.00 gift cert to a store of your choice?
-Take some elements off of my creation, make your own creation, post it on your blog (stating what elements you took from me), then link your card into the linky at the SV Inspiration Tag challenge. All before Dec 5!!

That's all for now!!

DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL AROUND THE BLOG FOR SOME MORE FAB. INSPIRATION!!

7 comments:

  1. Totally love it, the pictures look really great too, love this idea, so creative. And I love how you cut out the scallop circle. I had to get a project done too....LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LORD! Could you make the post any longer Wheeza! Just like in real life, totally long winded! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, comp is stiff, I am shakin in me boots ar be dar!

    Think I am gonna have to make me on of those you did such a fabby job you inspired me!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corry, this is fantastic! WOW! love it! Absolutely gorgeous and so full of wondrous details. Would make a terrific housewarming gift or gift for any occasion really! Love this look!

    Thanks so much for playing Inspiration Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Corry! You competitive thing you! Look at all of the work and detail in your gift. Fantastic job. I love it all!
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is stunning! gorgeous colours and amazing details! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Corry, what a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer !! Wheezer !! this is just darling and the colour combo is divine , so much work has gone into this it must have taken ages its a work of art
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete